Tangipahoa Parish Jury Duty
If you have received a summons to
appear for Jury Duty ...
Call 985-748-8077 the evening before your appearance date for reporting instructions
You must have the following qualifications to serve as a juror:
· You must be a citizen of the United States and of this state who has resided within Tangipahoa Parish for at least one year immediately preceding this date
· You must be at least 18 years of age
· You must be able to read, write, and speak the English language and be possessed of sufficient knowledge of the English language
· You must not be under interdiction or incapable of serving as a juror because of a mental or physical infirmity, provided that no person shall be deemed incompetent solely because of the loss of hearing in any degree
· You must not be under indictment for a felony nor have been convicted of a felony for which you have not been pardoned
Exemptions from Jury Service
· If you have actually served on a jury within the last 2 years you may claim this exemption. If you wish to serve on the jury you need not claim this exemption
· If you are over the age of 70, you may claim this exemption. If you wish to serve on the jury you need not claim this exemption
If you feel you do not meet the above qualifications or wish to claim an exemption, you must contact the Judges Chambers by phone at 985-748-9445.
A juror receives $25.00 per day plus 16¢ per mile traveled from and to his or her residence as listed on the subpoena.